In the past decade, there have been a lot of new innovative and amazing hair styling tools that are continuously being introduced in the market. Nowadays, you can almost do anything to style your hair even in the comfort of your home.
And one of which is the hair dryer brush. Also known as hot air brush, it is a brush that blows heat from the inside out to dry your hair. It combines your hair blower, a round brush, and curling iron in one innovative hair styling tool.
These days, hot air brushes are gaining a lot of popularity because of their convenience and the result they can give your hair. So, if you want to know more about them, continue to read here and discover their pros and cons.
Every day many women have difficulty choosing what style they can do to their hair. Additionally, it is also time-consuming to style hair especially when you are running late for an appointment.
Fortunately, the hot hair brush can provide such great benefits, and here are some more advantages:
- Hot hair brushes are time-saving tools because can style your hair in minutes
- It can also save you money because you don’t need to go to the salon every time you want to style your hair
- It can easily form lovely locks every time and can make it look shiny and smooth
- Can get the hair straightened while making the end curled
- It is easy to use and more affordable than other hair styling tools
- It is gentle to your hair and very suitable for thin hair types
- Can provide a frizz-free hair
- The bristles of the hair dryer brush allow you to detangle your hair easily
But just like other hair styling tools, there are also disadvantages:
- Some hair dryer brushes are bulky and hard to manoeuvre
- Most hair dryer brushes are not suitable for very thick hair
- It can damage hair if used without protective hair serum or spray
- Some hair dryer brushes are very noisy to use
- Wash your hair with your preferred shampoo and conditioner. Then, start using it on your damp hair: be sure that your hair is not very wet. Your hair should be at least 80% dry to ensure that there is minimal hair damage. It will also result in lesser hair fizz.
- Put some heat protectant such as hair serum or oil before using your hair dryer brush.
- Section your hair and put on some clips for optimal styling results. Working on sections of your hair will avoid brushing the same part over and over again.
- Start using your hair dryer brush. Heat it with your desired setting and brush hair by sections. Brush slowly from roots to tips.
- Finish your hair up by locking in volume and shine with lightweight hairspray and apply the serum at the end of your tips for more style.
Using hair dryer brush to curl your hair
- Do the same procedure from 1 to 3. Once you are done adding some hair protectant, divide your hair into sections and start styling and get beautiful curls.
- Starting at the lower section of your hair, separate a small section of your hair and place the ends on the barrel of the round brush. As you apply hot air, twirl the brush away from your face and spin hair around the barrel.
- Once you’ve reached the roots, hold the brush in place for around 15-20 seconds and then gently release. If your hair dryer brush has a cool button setting, apply it with a cool airflow for another 15-20 seconds before releasing it to seal the cuticle. Repeat on the rest of your hair.
- Finally, add some hairspray to help the curls stay in place.
Using hair dryer brush to add volume
- Again, do the same steps from 1 to 3. Section and clip your hair accordingly. Make sure that they are secure so they won’t fall.
- Lift, curl, and twirl your hair starting with the lower section of your hair. Place the barrel of your hair dryer brush under a small piece of your hair that is closer to your roots.
- Turn on the hair dryer brush and slowly roll it up away from your face while you are twirling your hair around the barrel.
- For straight ends, pull your brush through your hair. For beveled ends, curl the tips around the brush and hold them in place for about 5-10 seconds. Repeat the process with the rest of the section of your hair.
- For maximum volume, lift the hair on your crown straight up away from your face and twirl your brush. End it with the right hairspray, but avoid heavy creams and oils because this could flatten the volume of your hair. Look for a non-greasy and lightweight spray to have that lasting volume and shine.